Thursday 29 May 2008

What God has for you is bigger than you can ever imagine

It is easy to fall into the trap of believing in what legalistic Christians called Prosperity Gospel. There are Christians who strongly believed that money is the root of all things evil. The bible take is… love of money is the root of all evil not money itself.

There is no doubt in my mind that God is a generous God. He is the giver of all good things. He blessed His children with many good gifts and He will not stop doing that till it overflows. While there is nothing wrong with wanting to be blessed by God’s gift. There are 2 aspects that we have to be wary of.

Firstly, loving the gifts instead of the giver. Jesus was clear what was the most important thing being a child of God. To love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your strength and not have any other God’s before Him. We run into trouble when we start to put money as the no.1 priority in our lives. I am purposely citing money because many tend to equate blessings and prosperity from God in the monetary sense. Which comes to my next point.

Blessings from God does not simply equate financial blessings. I used to think so. I thought switching back into the financial industry was God’s way of telling me that its time to fill your barn with overflowing gold and multi currencies. I though when God showed me that 2008 will be a year of redemption for me meant making up for lost time that I wasted not putting my potential to full capacity in my career. While its is partly true but nevertheless it is not the sum of all its parts.

I cannot even imagine myself saying this now. I totally dig what I am doing right now. For fear of many of friends stoning me after reading this, I just want to say this out loud. It is possible to love what you are doing! At least I am feeling it right now. I am typing this blog entry in a crowded bus on my way home. Its quarter past 10 and I had just finished a 15 hour work day, I am tired but happy? Wow… unbelievable. This coming from me whose aspiration is to be a professional poker player and win the WSOP in 2010.

I will not elaborate on how God has placed me in my current placement as I have already elaborated in my previous blog entry. I seriously thought it was just for the financial blessings. The things I have learnt and was reminded of in the past 1 month has justified my move from the media industry.

I believe next week will be a great week. I will be helping out in camporama as a helper. Currently I am trying to find an avenue for me to serve and music seems too obvious. So I am praying and asking God to show me more areas of possibilities. This will be great start.

Let’s put things into perspective. God is good, he blesses. Christ has died once and for all for our sins. God cannot impute sin on us if we are under the blood of Jesus. For those sin preacher out there, woe to you if you condemn sinners! The church doors are open for sinners, don’t make the sinners feel unworthy of Jesus. Jesus came for the sinners and not the righteous. Don’t go preaching about sins in the lives of people, go preach about Christ and his finished work and His saving grace. That is what matters most.

Right believing will lead to right living! If you know God, you have experience His love in your live. Expect Great things from God. He will show you things beyond your imagination. He will richly bless your life more than you can ever imagine. Financial blessings is just a by product of His blessings in your life. You will have to think out of the box when it comes to God, cuz that’s where you will find His blessings, overflowing out of it!

No comments: