Tuesday 29 January 2008

Stock take

It is easier to count the material things you don't have in life then the things you have. So I have come up with a list of i don'ts:


1) I don't have an Audi TT for my car

2) I don't have a house in Bukit Timah Sixth avenue.

3) I don't have any money left in the bank at the end of every month.

4) I don't have a job that pays me obscene amount of money and 2 digit bonuses (at least 10 months) at the end of the year

5) I don't have a killer scupltured body that is the envy of all mankind.


I can continue the list till the list reaches 100, but i will not indulge myself. There are many things in life that you may lack.

Material lack is the absence of something. You will only lack when you have the knowledge of the "thing" in the first place. How much emotions will this item stir within you determine the so called "passion" you have to get it and that is the reason why passion differs from person to person.

So does lack create a desire or do your desires find a lack in your life? Its all about perception. Your perception becomes your reality. Yours alone. You shape the wants and desires in your life. What motivates you. What drives you. Some see money as the means to lead a good life and others see it as a means to get by and support their family. I see my Audi TT as a luxury but there may be someone out there who will die for it as it is beyond luxury but a sense of achievement.

So what shapes your perception? What goes in must come out. What you feed your mind will determine what will come out of it. Your wants, your ideas, your visions. So i say watch what you eat, and i mean both physically and mentally. Thats why the good book says, Faith comes from hearing and hearing the Word of God. And without faith it is impossible to please God. What are you feeding yourself today?

No comments: