Friday 4 April 2008

Perpetually tired

Recently, i found myself needing alot of rest. I seem tired the whole day and just can't seem to perk myself up and function properly. Of course the first thing i should really do is to sleep early.

The fact is i can't... 2 am is the earliest i can try to sleep. Other than that i need to be on the internet doing something. Most probably on Facebook playing Texas holdem. I decided to give up on that as well. It is really quite meaningless chasing after that next ranking. Can you imagine the number of hours that is poured into daily when i can actually do something else with the time.

We need a FBTHA, Face book texas holdem annoymous group for support to quit this madness. The best thing about this is the fact that i am not the only one. Everytime i log on, i will see the familliar group of ppl on different table. Be it a point game or tournament. The satisfaction you get in winning the tournament is incredible! You know who u are...

We have also offcially move 1 rung up the ladder of poker... we are going to start playing live games! This way we can truly mold ourselves to be better poker players. I don't know about the others but i do have an objective in mind to all these hours invested in poker. I have only shared this with a few people but coming 2011, i will want to participate in the WSOP 2011. If possible i want to participate in the main event. Be it for the pride of Singapore or for the experience i think it is worth the 10k buy in. I have not truly come across a professional singaporean player yet. I will love to be a poker player who puts Singapore on the Poker map if i can.

Imagine, me playing on the final table of the WSOP main event. Daniel Negreneu sitting on my left, doyle brunson across me with his son Todd beside him as well. Daniel push all in, Toby maguire folded to me and i call Daniel's all in with pocket AA vs Daniels pocket QQ. The flop came 267 rainbow, the turn came a Q and Daniel jumps for joy and went delirious until the dealer turns over an A on the river and i send Daniel home packing. wowwww.... the ups and downs of poker are not for the weak.

The whole point of this post? I need sleep and i should stop playing poker non stop for hours at night... maybe only 2 hours.

2 comments:

Glad said...

tired?..I think you need sex.

No wonder eena complained that you ignored her.

*hugges*
Give us back our aaron!!!

Ryverrat said...

Hey Aaron, not sure which blog to post on. I see you have a few. I see you have linked me up in your blog so thankyou for that. As you see from my blog my no.1 passion is playing poker. I also work in a bank for a lot of hours. This leads me to be tired a lot. I have found that playing poker just before you sleep is not good. Its easy to sleep when you have had not much happening at the tables but with a good win or a bad loss you mind will be racing and this I find hard to switch off. You dont have to stop playing poker, but I would definately give youself an hour of doing something else before you sleep.

Good luck in your poker playing. If you need anything let me know.

Ryverrat